Job Vacancy: Games Designer
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset, UK
Salary: Dependent on skills, qualifications and experience
- Company pension
- 22 days holiday per annum, increasing to 28 days based on duration of employment
- Flexible working hours
Start date: As soon as possible
We are recruiting for an experienced game designer to work within a multi-disciplinary team and to drive and follow a multitude of high profile projects for leading brands from concept to completion.
Main duties and responsibilities
As a games designer you will be passionate about games, game development, and the craft of game design and be up-to-date on new trends and practices in the games industry. You should be comfortable with taking initiative and independently finding creative solutions to complex problems. You should have very high standards in everything you do and a devotion to creating the best possible player experience.
If you enjoy sharing your enthusiasm and expertise with others and want to play a key role in creating award-winning games, then this is the ideal job for you.
- Two years professional game development experience, working as part of a team with a proven track record in designing free-to-play mobile games
- Able to support the product vision through the design of large-scale game systems that maximise engagement, revenue, and retention
- Passion for designing fun and engaging features
- Experience with designing easily understandable, yet deep game systems
- Experience in balancing game content from at least one shipped / in-market social / casual / freemium game, ideally on mobile
- Great skills in creating accessible user experience for mobile users
- Structured, result-oriented working approach, tailored to each individual project
- Experience with wireframing, flow diagrams, and prototyping
- Strong knowledge of level progression, game balancing and pacing
- Experience in bringing games all the way from concept development to success
- Strong attention to detail
How to apply
No Agencies. Not even the ones who think the statement doesn’t apply to them or pretend to have missed this line.
Please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Games Designer’. Your CV should include links to an online portfolio or LinkedIn account.
There is no deadline for applications.
Amuzo is an equal opportunities employer. A copy of our equal opportunities policy is available on request.